GRANT WRITING TRAINING INTENSIVE
Session 1: Introduction to Private Foundation/Philanthropic Grant Writing
Dr. Chic Smith | March 18 | Leadership Summit
- Locating Private/Philanthropic Grant Resources
- Identifying partnerships
- Grant cycles
Session 2: The VDC (Vision, Design, Capacity) Workshop – Improving the Skills of Technical Writers
Funmi Makinde, MPH, CHES | Elton Naswood | March 19 | Leadership Summit
The VDC (Vision, Design and Capacity) Workshops have been conducted in a variety of communities across the United States since 2002. The workshops have improved the writing skills of participants and increased their understanding of the components and usual requirements of completing successful grant applications. The trainings were initially offered to community-based organizations and have since expanded to address research funding at institutions of higher education in the United States.
- Participants are sequentially engaged through lectures and interactive exercises, over 2 days.
- Review principles of technical writing, practice strategies to relay information in grant applications
- Share the tips and standards Grant Reviewers use as they screen applications going to the Funder.
Session 3: Navigating Online Grant Portals
Dr. Lakiea Bailey | March 19 | Leadership Summit
- A review of online pharmaceutical grant portals
- Step by step review of submitting funding proposals via online portalsCreating successful RFFs (Request for Funds)
Comments are closed.